Tuesday, April 20, 2010

blingy black paper rose ball


I've been working on this project off on an for a few weeks...kept getting distracted by other projects, like my daughter's last prom :O)

For this project you need:
Black Paper Circles
-I used black cardstock, punched with a 1¾ inch circle punch
A Ball to Cover
-I used a dollar store wiffle ball. You could use a styrofoam ball, just paint it to match your roses before you start gluing them on.
Rhinestones
-I have LOTS of rhinestones, but if you are low on bling, a dab of glue and some silver glitter in each rose center would work just as well.
Hot Glue
-Lots and lots of hot glue! Make sure to use low temp glue if you are using a styrofoam ball so it doesn't melt.




FIRST: Hop over to LOLLYCHOPS and watch the awesome video tutorial for making these easy-as-pie paper roses. Then make lots and lots of roses! Glue a rhinestone in the center of each rose.






Here's my dollar store wiffle ball (4 for a buck!). I wrapped and hot glued black crepe paper streamers all over the ball, giving the roses something to stick to (they tend to pop off when glued directly to plastic). I used black so if any of it shows between the roses, it's not so obvious.





Once you've got your roses and ball ready, just start gluing those puppies on! (puppies=paper roses).




Tada! I had lots and lots of hot glue strings all over when I was done...I just ran my embossing gun over the ball to melt them away. I think a hot blow dryer may work just as well.





Here is my paper rose ball chilling with those birds from last week...





Loves it! Hmm, I think one more project and I'll have my little display complete....check back soon :O)




Like balls? (ahem.) Check out my Mom's blog this week...it's proof that CMTA (creative minds think alike)! She made a ball too...and it's awesomer than my ball! I just want to play with it.

Pop on over to Make The Best of Things and see what all the fuss is about :O) And leave a comment! We loves comments!



Linking up with:

Whatever Goes Wednesdays Blog Party at Someday Crafts



Transform Tuesday Blog Party at The Pumpkin Patch



Look What I Made! Blog Party at Creations by Kara

Creations by Kara

Show & Tell Wednesday Blog Party at Blue Cricket Design



Be Inspired Blog Party at Room to Inspire



Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple

giveaways

Show & Share Day at Just a Girl



Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life as Lori

Get your craft on Thurs.

I Made It Blog Party on Everything Etsy



All Things Dreamy Blog Party on Sweet European Dreams



15 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

Thanks for stopping by! What a fun, blingy ball! How did you do the circles? Are they circles on circles or paper flowers?

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I'm in love and featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

This is so freakin cool! Love the black and the bling. Love the yoyos on the little fat birds. Now I have to do a room with black so I can make all this! So, what else have you got?

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

I LOVE this!!! Thanks so much for joining my linky party. I hope you come back each week!

Ashley W. said...

I'm so glad I saw this! I got those same balls from the dollar store to make a similar project and was trying to figure out how to get the flowers to stick to the ball and what to do about gaps, but now both of those problems are solved! And I'm definitely going to log away the tip to use my heat embosser to get rid of the glue stragglers!

Kenzie said...

So cute!

Sonia said...

Wonderful idea to bling up those flowers, as they were getting way too common around the blogland. And I love the ball made by your mom!

Sweet European Dreams said...

super chic & FRUGAL too! that's always a nice combo! Thanks for linking up with us this week - we hope to see you back again!
-diane

tehlia said...

Hi There I Made It!!!

very beautiful. Nover would have thought it was black paper. Very beautiful.

www.thescarfshop.blogspot.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Super cute! Love the added bling! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! These are simply gorgeous!

Room to Inspire said...

What a totally fun project - I just love the bling you added! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week!

Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Love the little embellished birdies too! :)

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

SUper cute! I love all the bling! : )

Melissa said...

Very cool ball - especially with your little birdies...

Ela@NewFamilyOnTheBlock.com said...

Someone mentioned this ball on my blog and I had to come see. Its beautiful! I love what you did. This would be awesome at parties and weddings. I'm your newest follower.

~Ela