Sunday, May 2, 2010

i {heart} your comments

Poppin' in on a Sunday just to say THANKS for all the wonderful comments on my last post (brought to you by the letter M).

Mel over at Junkin' Junky already made her very own chunky M. I love the trendy colors she used, this M rocks!



I had several commentors say they would be trying this project, and I want to see! Comment me the link so I can ooh and ahh and post your project here :O)

A few questions to address...

-Julie asked how hard a G would be...I have not tried any curvy/round letters yet, but I imagine if your cardboard side strips are cut with the corrugation going side to side (not lengthwise) then they would curve around quite nicely. I'll keep you posted...I really want to try an @ or & sign!

-Beckie asked where I got the little birds...Dollar Tree! I spray painted them black, so so cheap and easy! (or is that "cheep"?) Kinda kicking myself for not buying more than 2.

Have a great (crafty!) Sunday everyone! I'm trying to decide whether to take a nap or glue some stuff to some other stuff...decisions decisions :O)

4 comments:

Mel said...

Christy, wow, gush, you mentioned me and my M. Thanks :)

Life in Rehab said...

Christy,

I hope you do a tutorial on curves ones, as we're Sunny, Sam, Sammy, Savannah...and Thom. HIS I figured out.

Please come visit our blog sometime.

Nicole Maki said...

Thanks for the nice coment on my blog about the Nanimo bars. Good luck to your daughter in culinary school.

Love your chunky M. We're the Makis so it's evern more helpful for me :-)

Great tutorial.

THE.PAINTED.STUDIO said...

I just bought a bird like that at the dollar tree too! I also love the letters. I have already cut out my cardbord here at work on a friday afternoon and cannot wait to glue them together when I get home.